A fun, inclusive competition for our community
Come test yourself and set new benchmarks at “The Foundry Total” Power Meet, held at the Printer’s Row location on January 28th starting at 9am! This is a non sanctioned event for men and women and scored by body weight. The event will be judged and also have food and prizes. It presents an amazing opportunity to compete against others or just push yourself in a supportive environment. It is open to members and non-members alike. Spots are limited so hurry and reserve yours.
Schedule of Events:
8:30am – 9:00am: Athlete Check-in and weigh-in
9:00am – Briefing and Rules
9:30am – 10am: Warm Up and starting weight registry
10am – 12pm: Competition Begins
12pm (or when all lifts are completed): Awards Ceremony
We encourage early arrival it will help the event run as smooth as possible and give you time to refuel and get caffeinated. 😉
- The main floor will be set up with 3-4 lifting areas and barbells will be set up according to starting weight. The flooring is rubber.
- Each area will have a clipboard listing the athlete order and for judges to record the result
- The side area will serve as the warmup area and mobilize in the back. Athletes will select their opening weight on the board.
8:30am – 9:00am: Athlete check-in, greeting, and socializing.
9:00 – 9:30am Athlete Briefing and Rules
- We will go over movements:
- Examples of good and bad lifts
- How to bail safely
- Suggested Warmup and mobility
- Rules and etiquette
- The event will be scored using the wilks total
- Wilks total allows for an overall winner to be crowned according to power output per lbs of body weight.
9:30 – 10:00am Warmup
- Athletes warm up and sign up on the whiteboard indicating their opening weight for the Back Squat, Shoulder Press, Deadlift, and Sled Push.
- Sign up should be completed by 9:45am (at least for Back Squat) so that the coaches can determine the lifting order (keep in mind that weight will ONLY be added to the bar, meaning an athlete might follow him/herself in the sequence)
- A coach will be available in the the warm-up area to provide queues and recommendations
10:00am Competition Begins
- Rack 1, Lifter 1 will lift first. The athlete has 60s to begin the lift. Once the bar leaves the rack, the clock stops and there is no time limit to complete the lift. The athlete must walk the bar back and wait for the coach to give the cue to begin the lift. Once lift is complete the judge will show thumbs up(successful lift) thumbs down(unsuccessful lift).
- If it is good, the weight for that athlete will be recorded. If it is not a good lift, the weight will remain at zero.
- Barbell 2, Lifter 1 will lift next…
- Barbell 3, Lifter 1 will lift next….
- After all first lifters complete their first lift, weights will be added to the bars if necessary for the next lifters. We will continue in the same pattern until all lifters have lifted their 3rd and final bar.
- There will be a 10 minute break between the sections to reset bars, allow athletes to adjust any weight sign ups, and re-sequence the lifting order.
12:00 (or when all lifting is done): Awards Ceremony & Social Hour
- Awards will be given to the top 2 overall winners for men and women under the age of 35, and top overall winner for man and woman 35 and over.
- PR’s will be toasted and greeted by a big cheer and a beer on Coach Jeremy.
We look forward to having you!
Click to Register