Happy Monday Athletes! Coach Lina here reporting for recipe duty!
I hope you all had a wonderful weekend! We had such an amazing Saturday at the box! After the 10am WoD, we held our very first Nutrition Seminar — Forging Elite Nutrition. We learned a lot, had a great discussion, and I even brought some Paleo snacks to share! They were so good that I didn’t even get a chance to snap a picture of the finished product before they were all gone. I served up some homemade Paleo Turkey Meatballs with guac and sliced cucumber. A great balance of fat, protein, and vegetables. 1 to 3 meatballs make a great snack, and if you make them a little larger (like a burger) or have a few more, it makes a great meal!
As promised, here is the recipe for Paleo Turkey & Veggie Meatballs. This recipe was adapted from a turkey meatball recipe by paleoplan.com
Paleo Turkey & Veggie Meatballs
As I didn’t get a chance to photograph the finished product
(Imagine Courtsey of http://www.multiplydelicious.com)
Ingredients (This Recipe Made 80 meatballs, feel free to half it for a dinner for 2 with some leftovers)
- 2 lb ground turkey
- 2 Cage Free Organic Eggs
- 1/2-1 cup of chopped carrots
- 1 red bell pepper
- 2/3 cup mushrooms
- handful of fresh parsley
- 1 small yellow onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- 2 tsp roasted garlic powder
- 2 Tbs Italian seasoning
- Sprinkle of Salt — I used Trader Joe’s Himalayan Pink Salt
- Heavy Sprinkle of Trader Joe’s South African Smoke Seasoning Blend
- Preheat oven to 350℉.
- Combine carrots, bell pepper, mushrooms, onion, garlic and seasonings in a food processor and blend until well chopped.
- Empty the food processor into a large bowl, add the ground turkey, and 2 eggs. Mix together completely.
- Form meatballs and place on a non-greased baking sheet (about 1 1/2″ – 2″ each). Bake for about 25 minutes, or until completely cooked
Go ahead and eat these as a snack with some healthy fat and veggies (like guac and cucumber), serve over some Paleo Pasta (zucchini, or spaghetti squash noodles), or create a new way to enjoy this nutritious protein-rich delight!
This Recipe is Whole30 approved! If you haven’t yet, please sign up for The Foundry’s Inaugural Whole30 Nutrition Challenge starting Thursday July 5th! Click here to register!