Hey Everyone! Before posting today’s dessert recipe, let’s just get one thing straight — DESSERT is DESSERT! No matter how you healthy it up, at the end of the day there is some form of sugar involved and a feeling of indulgence. Now, that’s not a bad thing, but remember just because it’s a paleo friendly dessert, doesn’t mean you should eat it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner — it’s still just a special treat.
That being said, I want to introduce you to me and my family’s FAVORITE dessert:
Paleo Choco-Nut Truffles
- 1 package of Non-Sulphured Prunes from Trader Joe’s
- 1 cup walnut baking pieces
- Dark Chocolate — if you find some that isn’t held together with Soy Lecithin, even better!!
- Pinch of Sea Salt
- 1/2 tsp of Vanilla Extract
- Coconut Shreds (optional for garnish)
- Soak prunes in hot water for a few hours. You want them to be plump and juicy NOT dry!
- Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper and set aside
- Using a double boiler, or by making your own (fill a sauce pan with water and place a bowl over it so that the bottom of the bowl is in the water), melt 1 bar of chocolate or 1/2 cup of chocolate chips
- Place walnuts in the food processor, and pulse until you get a nice fine crumbly consistency. Don’t process for too long though!
- Pour food processed walnuts into a medium sized bowl
- Once prunes have been soaked, drain the water (or drink it!), and place prunes in the food processor
- Pour food processed prunes into bowl with walnuts
- Add salt and vanilla to the bowl & mix