Happy Muscle-Up day Athletes! Hope you all get a chance to get your WoD on today and work on those muscle up skillz!
As promised, we have a recipe post for you today from Jessica. She shared this recipe with us as one she discovered during her Whole30 challenge that has now become a staple in her dinner rotation.
Indian Butter Chicken with Cauliflower “Rice”
1.5 lbs chicken breasts, cut into bite-size pieces
1 clove garlic, minced
1 onion, diced
4 oz tomato paste
1/2 can coconut milk (I used Trader Joe’s light, but regular is traditional paleo)
2.5 tsp garam masala
1.5 tsp chili powder
1 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp paprika
2 tbsp butter
1 small to medium head of cauliflower, cut into florets
1. Heat oil in large skillet on medium heat and saute onions. Add in spices.
2. Pour in tomato paste and coconut milk. Stir well until it becomes a thick sauce. Taste the sauce and add more spices as necessary to achieve desired taste.
3. Add in chicken
4. Stir well, cover and let simmer for 15 minutes (or until cooked) on medium-low heat.
(Obviously, it works best if the pan & lid are the same size :P)
5. While chicken is cooking, pulse cauliflower florets in a food processor (or use a sharp knife) until you achieve “rice-like” consistency.
6. Microwave the “rice” for 7 minutes or until soft.
7. Add butter to chicken and mix into sauce.
8. Serve over cauliflower rice.
Indian Butter Chicken over Cauliflower “Rice”
Thanks for sharing this yummy recipe Jess and congrats again on your Whole30!