Breakfast is a challenge, but with the 5 minute paleo breakfast at your disposal, you have no excuse. Like my frittata, the ingredients in this recipe can be modified with different veggies and protein to keep the flavors interesting. If you start with a base of eggs and spinach, you will ensure your dish is high in protein, vitamins, and minerals. Let us know in the comments what you think!
- 2-3 eggs
- 1 nitrate-free chicken sausage (from Trader Joes or Whole Foods)
- 1TBS Kerrygold butter
- 1/4 cup frozen spinach
- Small handful mushrooms
- 1/2 avocado
- Salsa verde (I like Trader Joe’s)
- Salt & Pepper
- Put spinach and butter into a microwave safe bowl.
- Microwave for 30 seconds.
- While spinach is thawing, slice sausage and mushrooms into small pieces.
- Remove bowl from microwave. Crack eggs into bowl and scramble with salt and pepper.
- Microwave 1 minute.
- Remove and stir.
- Microwave for an additional 30-60 seconds.
Top with sliced avocado and salsa verde!