Happy Friday Athletes and Fellow Sugar Detoxers!
Today’s recipe post is going to be just as quick as it was to make. Last night, I made a detox approved Roast Rack of Lamb and vegetable medley in no more than 30 minutes. So next time you tell me you don’t have time to cook delicious meals, i’m going to call bologna on you!
Coach Lina’s 30 Minute Rack of Lamb
* French Rack of Lamb ( I got mine at Trader Joe’s)
* Seasonings (I used sea salt and South American Smoke – a Trader Joe’s spice)
* 2 tbsp Fat (I used duck fat, but coconut oil, lard, butter, and olive oil are fine choices as well)
1) Preheat oven to 425 Fahrenheit
2) Place fat into a cast iron skillet on the stove and let heat up. In the meantime, season your lamb with salt/pepper/spices…whatever you like on both sides.
3) Once skillet is heated and meat is seasoned, place the lamb meat side down on the skillet to sear
4) After 3-5 minutes, flip over and sear for another 2-3 minutes. Both sides should look browned
5) Once seared, place the cast iron skillet into the pre-heated oven and roast for 12-15 minutes. The time only depends on how you like your meat cooked. I personally am a fan of medium rare, so I took mine out in about 12 minutes. If you have a meat thermometer, when the meat temp reaches 125F, that’s medium rare.
6) Remove the meat from the oven, cover with a foil tent and let the meat rest for about 10 minutes. That’s also the perfect time to get those vegetables sauteed!
7) Cut the rack into 2 bone pieces
8) Serve along side vegetables. I used the same skillet and tossed in a bunch of baby portabello mushrooms, zucchini, salt, and more duck fat.
And there you have it party people, a quick and RIDICULOUSLY delicious hot meal that ONLY takes 30 minutes to make.