Why do we write everything down? In addition to giving you a way to compare your results to others, we also want to see how you progress over time. To help with that, we’ve just implemented a new tool that makes this data more useful and accessible. SocialWoD is our new workout tracking application that turns our whiteboard into a database of athletes and workout scores. By using our SocialWoD site, you can keep track of all your lifts, METCON’s, add notes/scaling, and publish to Facebook.
To make the most of it, you want to claim your SocialWoD account (its free). The app does the heavy lifting by putting in your score/time and the workout details. However, you’ll want to add scaling notes such as what band you used, what weight you used, whether the workout was RX so that you can keep track of your progress. You can even add goals for lifting or skills!
Here’s how to get started:
1) Access the site from the website -> Workouts -> SocialWoD tracking, or use the direct SocialWoD link.
2) Go to the athletes tab and find your name. Click on it:
3) You will see each workout you have completed listed. On the right side of the page, there is an option to claim your account. Once we approve your request you will be able to edit your workout results.
4) Add notes and scaling. As you can see here I edited my workout to indicate I did the workout RX and did not finish “DNF”. I also made a note that the weight was too heavy for me to complete the workout and to scale lower next time.
5) In addition to viewing on the SocialWoD website, results also post to a digital whiteboard within each day’s WoD post on The Foundry website:
If you have additional questions, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org