Sometimes you want a little comfort food for Sunday brunch without leaving the reservation with your diet. Enter the Pumpkin Banana Paleo Pancake, delicious & 100% grain-free. This recipe was created after experimenting with a wide variety of paleo pancake recipes and still wanting something slightly different. These are so good you will want to eat them every weekend.
Serve with poached eggs over asparagus and bacon or sausage or sweet potato hash for a delicious brunch.
Ingredients (serves 2):
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- ¼ cup canned pumpkin
- ½ ripe banana
- 1 tbs pumpkin pie spice (or mix cinnamon, nutmeg & ginger)
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tbsp honey (optional)
- Mash the banana in a medium size bowl.
- Whisk together the banana, eggs, honey, and pumpkin.
- Add the almond flour, vanilla, salt and spices and mix thoroughly.
- Allow to set for 2 minutes
- Cook in a skilled or large pan over medium heat, about 2-3 min per side.
Top with butter and a small amount of maple syrup, or heat frozen berries from Trader Joes (or WF) in the microwave and serve on top of pancakes.