Union Station CrossFit in Chicago is The Foundry’s second CrossFit affiliate serving the downtown Chicago market. At 6,000 sqf, it is also one of the largest boxes in the area. Building upon our experience, we use the same programming and coaching methodology as our Printers Row location. Key features include:
- Small class sizes (max 16 per class)
- Two training floors, including a 68′ Rogue Rig
- Extensive training equipment from Rogue, including rings, bars, full color competition plates, ropes, GHD, Airdynes, a Reverse Hyper, a full range of kettlebells, and more.
- High quality locker rooms with showers, toiletries, & towel service.
- Second story loft includes a lounge, kitchenette, and observation area overlooking the main training floor.
We are conveniently located on Jefferson St. between Monroe & Adams – just 2 blocks from both Union Station and Ogilvie Station.
CrossFit is a training methodology based around the things you do in the real world. Every day, we ask our bodies to move in countless different ways. We bend down and pick things up, we put things over our heads, squat down, stand up, carry heavy groceries and run after the bus or chase down a cab. CrossFit utilizes movements from weightlifting, gymnastics, and sports conditioning that improve these real-life activities and performs them in endless variety and at high intensity. By training with as many of these ideas in mind we can learn to be generally prepared for whatever life throws at us. A program that strives to eliminate predictability means your body is always adapting, getting stronger, faster, better conditioned over a period of months and years.
For more information on CrossFit please visit CrossFit.com